Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Baby Steps

This time of year there are all kinds of resolutions that are being made. I am not really one for resolutions. It seems that they don't really last for more than a month or two. But at the end of last year I did make some new goals that I am attempting to achieve. I like the word goals much better. I want to be successful in my goals and one way to help do so is to write them down. So here they are!

The goals i'm striving for involve lifestyle changes related to my health. I'm not going on a specific diet or trying to really loose weight. I'm just trying to be in better shape and keep my body healthy. I've got to be able to keep up with my little boy! I am going to start out small and slowly increase things as they become habits and become a regular daily thing. 

The Changes:
1. Reduce the amount of fast food I eat each week.
2. Drink 4 glasses of water a day.
3. Do a cardio workout at least 3 times a week.
4. Take a daily multi vitamin.
5. Reduce the amount of soda I drink.
6. Limit the amount of junk food in the house.
7. Increase the amount of fruits and veggies in my diet.

These things are nothing too big at this time. I have no plans to run a marathon in the near future. I just want to do a little better each day and one little step at a time. I have been doing well thus far. There is very little junk food in the house and we no longer have a huge stash of pop that takes up half the fridge. We have been playing floor hockey once a week for several hours. We have also been cooking meals at home much more frequently. I constantly have a glass of water nearby and drink from it constantly. I have a ways to go to reach these goals but I feel that I've got a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment